Retaliation Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA

Employee Advocates
Request consultation


A person in need of a retaliation lawyer in Los Angeles, CA

If you have been the victim of retaliation at the hands of your employer, contact Shakouri Law Firm to defend your rights. We’re an experienced retaliation lawyer in Los Angeles, CA, and we’ll ensure that you’re legally represented.

What Retaliation Looks Like

An employer has many legal obligations, including the obligations to pay their employees a fair wage, accommodate their disabilities, and protect them from unsafe work conditions, discrimination, and harassment in the workplace.

Ideally, an employer will fulfill these obligations without issue. But when issues arise, employees have the right to file complaints and report mismanagement. This right is protected by law, but sometimes an employer may choose to retaliate against an employee that reports misconduct. This illegal retaliation may take the form of:

  • Cutting hours
  • Cutting pay
  • Deliberately assigning less-desirable tasks or schedules
  • Demotion
  • Harassment or abuse
  • Negative performance evaluations
  • Termination
  • Withholding promotions
  • Withholding raises or bonuses

Any action taken by an employer to punish an employee for reporting violations can fit the legal definition of retaliation.

How You Can Defend Your Rights

Employer retaliation is against the law. Not only is it unjust, but it may also inhibit the reporting systems that exist to ensure that employers meet their legal obligations. The ability of employees to protest adverse working conditions is an important right and must be protected.

So if you are experiencing retaliation in your workplace, understand that you don’t have to accept the situation. You can seek legal redress with the help of a qualified retaliation attorney. At Shakouri Law Firm, we can help you defend your rights as an employee and receive the support you need to move forward with your career.

If your employer is retaliating against you, contact us today at (310) 575-1827. Our legal team has the experience and resources to advocate effectively on your behalf.

Set Up an Initial Consultation Today When You Call

At the Shakouri Law Firm, we are compassionate, aggressive, and dedicated advocates for our clients. We fully understand your legal rights and know that if you have experienced unlawful retaliation by your employer that you may be entitled to compensation. With millions of dollars recovered for our clients, our firm knows how to win for our clients. Call our office today and let us do that for you.

What Are ‘Protected Activities’ Under the Law?

An employer may not fire or retaliate against employees who engage in actions protected by the law. There are two categories of protected activities:

1. Reporting or Refusing to Participate in Unlawful Activity Employees who report their employer’s potentially illegal conduct or refuse to participate in such conduct are protected against retaliation. An employee’s belief that there is illegal conduct must be both reasonable and in good faith.

2. Participating in an Investigation Employers cannot retaliate against employees who participate in an investigation, lawsuit, or hearing regarding the potentially illegal practices of their employer.

Let Us Review Your Case. Call the Shakouri Law Firm at

What Kind of Compensation Can You Collect?

Compensation may be recovered for:

  • Lost wages
  • Emotional distress
  • Punitive damages


Here at the Shakouri Law Firm, we treat every client like a member of the family, so you will never feel like just another case number. From the second you call our office you will have the opportunity to speak directly with your attorney.

Get Your Case Started by Calling Us at