All employees have basic rights at the workplace. Such rights include the right to a safe workplace, freedom from discrimination and harassment, and protection from wrongful termination, to name a few. Unfortunately, not all businesses respect employee rights that are established under both federal and state law and have no problem firing an employee for an unlawful reason.
At the Shakouri Law Firm, we are here to offer our legal expertise and skills in order to enforce your rights. We are dedicated and hardworking professionals who know how to get you the compensation you deserve if you were unjustly dismissed.
Set Up an Initial Consultation Today When You Call
What is Wrongful Termination?
The term “wrongful termination” means that an employee was fired for an illegal reason. Illegal reasons for termination include:
- Firing in violation of federal/state anti-discrimination laws. This includes firing an employee on the basis of their age, race, gender, ethnic background, religion, or disability.
- Firing in retaliation for reporting misconduct at the workplace to a government agency or a supervisor.
- Firing in violation of oral and written employment agreements.
- Firing for refusing sexual advances of a coworker or supervisor.
- Firing for discussing compensation with coworkers.
- Firing in violation of California labor laws.
Let Us Review Your Case. Call the Shakouri Law Firm at
At the Shakouri Law Firm, we hold employers accountable when they violate employee rights. We utilize years of experience to help guide our clients through each step of their case and strongly advocate for them until they have reached a satisfactory resolution. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and are ready to put our experience to work for you.